World-renowned hiking trail in the Garden Route. Luxury, guided walking tours along the beaches, dunes, cliffs and fynbos on the rugged South Cape coastline near Mossel Bay on the Garden Route.
Explore a part of Earth where modern human behaviour first emerged.
You'll leave with a new appreciation and perspective of the planet we live on...
...and what it means to be human and a part of Nature!
EXPLORE OUR TRAILS
Quick, Compact, Convenient!
Want to walk the Oystercatcher Trail but pressed for time?
We now offer a short 1/2 day walk and an optional 1 night stay in our luxury Sandpiper Cottages. This is a guided walk on section/s of the Oystercatcher Trail.
Pondok 3-night Eco-adventure
Guided self-catering eco-adventures with great walking and rustic coastal accommodation!
This 3-night adventure includes a guided beach and coastal walking, and self-catering accommodation in our Pondok (for up to 8 guests) or Kaya (for two).
Happy Hiker: 2 nights, 3 days
Limited on travel time?
Our Happy Hiker is perfect for those hikers who want to experience the Oystercatcher Trail but don't have a lot of time on their hands. Hike some the best sections of the Oystercatcher Trail with one of our local guides. Includes 2 hiking days, accommodation and all your meals.
The Oystercatcher Trail: 4 nights, 5 days love affair with nature with luxury accommodation along the way.
4 nights, 5 days. Guided walk from Dana Bay to the Gourits River Mouth. Includes all meals & beautiful accommodation.
The Oystercatcher Trail: It’s a love affair with nature.
* Hike the largely undeveloped South Cape(Garden Route) coastline between Mossel Bay and Gourikwa Private Nature Reserve, crossing the spectacular Gouritz River along the way.
* During the mild winter months, this area is known for its whale activity. Whales come in to give birth in the quiet protected bays. Dazzling us with their displays of breaching and lob-tailing.
* The combination of raptors, marine and Fynbos avian species, makes it a birders paradise.
* Leave your luggage in your comfortable Cottage, so you only need carry a small day-pack on your walk. Making hiking a real pleasure.
*Overnight accommodation in the well appointed guest cottages at Sandpiper Cottages or other establishments of similar quality, in the area.
* Fully catered and self-catering options available.