"Becoming the new owners and custodians of this unique, magnificent and magical farm in February 2019 was literally a dream come true! Our decade long search for the "Perfect Place" to live-in, grow-with, work from and protect, was not in vain. We never gave up and we believe we found it: Heaven on Earth".
(Gabriella, Stephen and Inara and all the furry creatures that abide here).
We welcome you to our amazing new home, where nature is abundant and alive and where the grass is literally greener!
Whether just a small family or a large group celebrating an occasion, we can accommodate up to 45 guests, all self-catering, in an idyllic and breath-taking setting. And, we are pet friendly!
All our six cottages are private and lovingly decorated. Our 3 small thatched rondavels with their exciting cosy sleeping lofts for the kids, are one-of-a-kind. They are little natural sanctuaries of rustic simplicity and beauty, with luxury touches such as Egyptian cotton linen on the King beds and many other extras to make your stay unforgettable. Perfect for a couple or small family. Our biggest 12 sleeper home is a fully fenced private luxury farm-house, with a pool. We have something for everyone.
Come and explore our emerald green gem tucked away in a secluded valley just 18km outside the historic town of Swellendam.
Frog Mountain farm is a true nature lover's paradise, that touches the mountain, and 'a river runs through it!' Here you can wake to the sound of the birds, watch our beautiful Nguni cattle grazing in the green fields, explore the waterfall and rock pools, paddle on the river, fish in our dam, and spend you evenings gazing at the miraculous Milky Way whilst listening to the song of the frogs. Every season is full of beauty! Just being here is truly restorative!
“Frog Mountain is still my absolute favorite spot for a family getaway, and my whole family always comes back rejuvenated. It just doesn't get better, and the only thing I dislike about Frog Mountain, is leaving it."
~ Lisa McNamara Editor/Owner of "Cape Town Child Magazine"
Sam's Place (Pet Friendly)
Sam’s Place, our luxury farm house, is Pet Friendly, fully fenced, and can accommodate 12 guests (ideally max 8 adults). It is the perfect venue for large extended families, or friends sharing, and a fabulous centre for the festive celebrations or get togethers to convene.
Our beautiful thatched double-rondavel can accommodate 10 guests (max 8 adults)
Nguni Cottage our charming traditonal cottage can accommodate 8 (4 adults and 4 children)
We have 3 identical cosy thatched rondavels that each have their own private garden with gorgeous vistas onto the emerald green fields and majestic mountains. All three are perfectly set up for outdoor living, have an undercover braai as well as a braai pit in the garden and are in close proximity to the children's play area and swimming pool. If you love the cool, rustic, calming feel of thatch, and want to feel close to nature, these rondavles are for you. They each accommodate 2 adults in the main en-suite bedroom and 2/3 children in loft which is often a highlight.
ACTIVITIES & ATTRACTIONS
We offer the following activities on our magnificent 40 ha farm:
* Fabulous round swimming pool in natural surroundings
* Swimming in river and wonderful rock-pools at the waterfall
* Canoes for guests' use on the river
* Exciting foefie-slide over the river - adrenaline for the whole family you wont want to stop
* Hiking in the Langeberg Mountains on your doorstep
* Bring your mountain bike and ride the 8km farm road, or explore the surrounding epic mountain bike trails in Swellendam. Our farm road is perfect for children to ride their bikes.
* Bird-life plentiful - twitcher haven
* Fishing for the whole family in our well stocked dam - catch & release - Tilapia (Bream)
* Children's playground with/jungle gym/tractor plus mini soccer-field
* Historic Reception Barn for guests use: including, table-tennis, board games, mini-library (borrow a book) and DSTV.
* The Barn can also be used as a gorgeous multi-purpose venue.
* Central LAPA with indoor braai for groups
* Our very own Labyrinth – at the end of a perfect short walk up the hill – perfect walk to clear the mind.
* Beautiful shaded picnic spots at the river, under indigenous trees
* Many little havens for being alone, meditating, or simply being quiet in nature
* Farm animal family: Come and meet our friendly donkeys, three horses, Nguni cattle, 4 friendly farm dogs (Silki will be your friend forever) and multitude of rescue cats!
VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR MORE INFO